Punjab State Data Policy
The cabinet of Punjab recently approved the Punjab state data policy. The policy aims to track progress and provide citizens access to services. With this Punjab has now become the first state in India to formulate a comprehensive data policy.
What is Punjab State data policy?
The Punjab state data policy will leverage data and technology to optimize Service Delivery and citizen access. It will also increase the participation of citizens through user friendly and secure e-governance systems.
What are the key features of Punjab state data policy?
- The policy will create a unified and interoperability data infrastructure for the state of Punjab.
- It will recognise the potential utility and importance of data generated by government organisations to, departments and institutions in the state.
- The policy will act as a guiding principle for all departments to collect, manage, process and use data for effective, efficient, transparent and accessible Service Delivery to the citizens of the state.
- It will facilitate easy access and sharing of government data. This will support the sustainable and inclusive governance and effective planning.
- The policy will also help to collect data that will help in implementing and monitoring the developmental programs, scientific research and managing and mitigating disasters.
What are the other approvals made by the cabinet?
The Punjab Cabinet also approved to create new block Patiala (rural) and ensure all round development in the villages falling under it. The new block will include 26- and 32-Gram Panchayat of Patiala and Nabha block respectively.
Amendments to Punjab Government Employees (Conduct) Rules, 1966 were also approved. The rules were remanded to maintain high ethical standards of honesty and integrity by public servants and professor bit sexual harassment of working women. This has been done in line with Central Civil Services (conduct) Rules, 1964 and All India Service (conduct) rules.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|