MS Dhoni sole Indian in Forbes list of The World's Highest-Paid Athletes 2015
Cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the only Indian to find place in the Forbes magazine’s list of 100 World’s Highest-Paid Athletes 2015
He was placed at 23rd on the Forbes list with total earnings of 31 million dollars including amount from salary at 4 million dollars and endorsements worth 27 million dollars.
This edition of list was again topped by US boxer Floyd Mayweather for third time. It should be noted that the earnings figures include sum of salaries, bonuses and prize money paid between June 2014 and June 2015.
Top ten World’s Highest-Paid Athletes 2015 are
- Floyd Mayweather (Boxing) from US: $ 300 million.
- Manny Pacquiao (Boxing) from Philippines: $ 160 million.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Football) from Portugal: $ 79.6 million.
- Lionel Messi (Football) from Argentina: $73.8 million.
- Roger Federer (Tennis) from Switzerland: $67 million.
- LeBron James (Basketball) from US: $64.8 million.
- Kevin Durant (Basketball) from US: $54.1 million.
- Phil Mickelson (Golf) from US: $50.8 million.
- Tiger Woods (Golf) from US: $50.6 million.
- Kobe Bryant (Basketball) from US: $49.5 million.
In this edition of list only two women athletes made to the list they are
- Maria Sharapova (Tennis) from Russia: She was placed at 26th rank with total earnings of $ 31 million.
- Serena Williams (Tennis) from US: She was placed at 47th rank with total earnings of $ 6 million.
The 100 highest-paid athletes of this edition of list have made 3.2 billion dollars in total in last one year which is 17 percent more compared to previous year.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2015