Maharashtra’s first Solar Power operated Mini-Water Supply Plant commissioned
The first Solar Power operated Mini-Water Supply Plant of Maharashtra was commissioned in Hingna village of Mouda Taluka in Nagpur district.
It will facilitate villagers to get pure water supply for a very low cost which can easily be borne by the Gram Panchayat.
- The unit has been installed in the village on experimental basis by private company Rite Water Solutions under the supervision of the Zilla Parishad authorities.
- The system delivers 10,000 Litres of purified water every day and runs completely on solar power for which 1800 Watt panels.
- It purifies the water by removing nitrate content in order to prevent the ill effects on the health of villagers.
Advantages of system
- It can help to curb the menace of nitrate in the ground water which is becoming a major challenge in most parts of the country due of excessive use of fertilizers in agriculture.
- It has economic considerations as it alleviates the difficulties faced by the local bodies in payment of hefty water supply bills.
- It uses of an effective and environment-friendly cleaner technology that serves very need of people at grass root level.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|