India-US launched Hydrogen Task Force
According to US India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF), India and United States has launched a hydrogen task force under “Strategic Clean Energy Partnership (SCEP)” which will boost India’s energy security efforts.
About US-India Hydrogen Task Force
- This task force was launched by United States Department of Energy, Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) and USISPF.
- It will represent industry & government stakeholders and assess technology status, study innovative policy options & make recommendations.
- This task force will bridge government research with unique industry perspectives which will help in reaching the goals of decarbonizing, high-polluting industrial sectors and achieving a greener & cleaner planet.
- It will strengthen focused public, private cooperation between both the countries and make way for accelerated development & deployment of hydrogen energy technologies
- It will bring industries and academy together with an aim of integrating private sector inputs to bring latest technology & adopt business models to develop and deploy hydrogen technologies.
Aim of the task force
US-India Hydrogen Task Force was constituted with the aim of serving as a forum to achieve affordable hydrogen solutions. It seeks to enhance energy security & resilience by boosting up low or zero-carbon hydrogen technologies & deployment.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: International Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|