GoI launches “Containment Plan for Large Outbreaks”
With the lock down period nearing its closure, the Govenremnt of India has begun its preliminary preparations to pull the economy back to its bloom. Several strategies are being adopted by the Government in order to achieve this.
On April 6, 2020, the Union Health Ministry launched the “Containment Plan for Large Outbreaks”. The plan is similar to “Bhilwara Model” of Rajasthan
There are six steps in the plan. They are as follows
- Isolation of a region by imposing Section 144. It shall be a town, municipal, city or a district.
- The hotspots within the isolated region are mapped
- Door to Door screening of people. This also includes on checking if the home quarantined people are following the protocols.
- Adopt contact tracing and spot the source of the new infection
- Increase quarantine facilities
- Build confidence of the people in the rural region, increase their awareness and monitor them continuously.
The plan is being launched to enable a routine life in other parts other parts of the country where the spread of the virus is less. The plan is to be strictly followed in identified hotspots.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs