Forbes’s 2015 billionaires list: Bill Gates retains title as world’s richest person
Microsoft Co-founder, Bill Gates retained the title of the world’s richest person in the Forbes 2015 billionaire list. Mr. Gates has topped the list for 16 of the last 21 years, with a net worth of $79 billion and Mexico’s telecommunications mogul Carlos Slim Helu is at second place.
As per the Forbes’ 29th annual ranking of the world’s billionaires 2015
Total number of billionaires in the world: 1826 with combined net worth of $$7.05 trillion.
The US leads the list of billionaires in the world with 536 billionaires, followed by China (213), Germany (103), India (90) and Russia (88).
- Top 5 billionaires: Bill Gates ($79 billion), Mr. Carlos Slim Helu ($77.1 billion), Mr. Warren Buffett ($72.7 billion), Mr. Amancio Ortega ($64.5 billion) and Mr. Larry Ellison ($54.3 billion).
- Highest ranked women on the list: Christy Walton (8), with a net worth of $41.7 billion.
- World’s youngest billionaire: Evan Spiegel (1250) founder of Snapchat from United States.
- From Internet field: com Inc’s founder Jeff Bezos (15), Facebook Inc’s Mark Zuckerberg (16), and Google Inc founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin ranked 19th and 20th.
- Business Tycoon, Mr. Mukesh Amabani: India’s richest person for the 8th year in a row. Mr. Ambani is ranked 29th globally with net worth of $21 billion.
- It should be noted that India has 90 billionaires in this edition of list.
About Forbes’s list of billionaires
The Forbes list of billionaires is an annual ranking of the world’s wealthiest people, compiled and published by the American business magazine Forbes. The list only represents each person’s valuation on a single day, due to daily fluctuations among exchange rates and stock valuations
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|