DGFT Trade Facilitation App launched
The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Shri Piyush Goyal recently launched the DGFT Trade Facilitation Mobile Application. DGFT is Directorate General of Foreign Trade.
Key Features of DGFT
The DGFT Trade Facilitation application provides the following features :
- Real-time trade policy updates and event notifications.
- It provides options to explore Export-Import policies and statistics
- Virtual Assistance to trade related queries
- It provides access to all the services provided by DGFT.
- Raise and track help requests in real time.
- The application will be available on both iOS and Android platforms.
- DGFT is the government body that implements the foreign trade policy of India.
- It promotes exports of India.
- It operates under Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It is headed by the Director-General. He or she is the head of Indian Trade Services.
- DGFT was known as the Chief Controller of Imports and Exports till 1991.
- DGFT was formed as a part of Economic Reforms in 1991 when the Liberalisation, Globalisation and Privatisation policies began in India.
- It provides licenses to the import and export businesses in India.
- It holds complete data about the importers and exporters in the country.
- It provides EIC number. EIC is Exporter Importer Code. It is a ten-digit number that is needed for all people conducting import or export business in the country.
- It regulates and permits the transit of goods between India and its neighbours according to the bilateral agreements.
- It controls the DEPB rates. DEPB is Duty Entitlement Pass Book. It is an export incentive scheme of Government of India.
Strategic disinvestment and transfer of management control in IDBI
The Union Cabinet recently approved the Strategic Disinvestment and transfer of management control i...
Import of Oxygen concentrators for personal use permitted
The Directorate General of Foreign Trade recently notified that the import of oxygen concentrators s...
Somanathan: New Finance secretary
The Expenditure Secretary T V Somanathan was recently designated as the Finance Secretary by the App...
Districts to be ranked on Export Competitiveness
The Commerce Ministry has said that, the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) will be assisti...
NITI Aayog submits first list of 12 PSUs for Privatisation
The government’s think tank, NITI Aayog has submitted the first list comprising of 12 Public Secto...
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
Topics: Android • DGFT • Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) • Economic liberalisation in India • Foreign Trade Policy • Globalisation • Liberalisation • Mobile Applications • Privatisation • Trade policy
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|