China develops world's first Graphene electronic paper
Chinese researchers have developed world’s first graphene electronic paper that will catapult the material to a new level.
It was developed by The Guangzhou OED Technologies in partnership with a company in Chongqing Province of China.
- Graphene e-paper is more pliable and has more intensity as compared to traditional e-papers. It has high-light transmittance means optical displays will be much brighter.
- Compared with liquid crystal displays (LCDs), e-papers are thinner, bendable and energy efficient.
- Mass production cost is much lower compared to traditional e-papers, which use the rare, expensive metal indium.
- Graphene is the world’s strongest and lightest known material derived from carbon.
- It can conduct heat and electricity. Its single layer is of 0.335 nanometers thickness.
- It can be used to create hard or flexible Graphene displays and also can be used in electronic products such as e-readers and wearable smart devices.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|