AYUSH Standard Treatment Protocol launched
On October 6, 2020, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare released “AYUSH Standard Treatment Protocol”. It consists of self-care guidelines on preventive health measures.
The protocol was launched by the Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan. Along with this, the protocols of AYUSH Ministry were also upgraded. This was done in sync with Indian Council of Medical Research and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). The Minister also released National Clinical Management Protocol based on Ayurveda and Yoga for management of COVID-19.
National Clinical Management Protocol on Ayurveda and Yoga
The protocol was developed based on recommendations made by a National Task Force constituted by the Ministry of AYUSH. The task force was set up based on the recommendations made by Katoch Committee. Majority of the recommendations made by the committee were implemented.
The following are the key protocols
- The protocol suggests use of medicines such as Guduchi Ghana Vati, Chaywanapraasprophylactic and Ashwagandha for high risk population.
- Pippali, Guduchi and AYUSH 64 tablets shall be provided to COVID-19 infected patients.
- It is essential for the citizens of India to develop good immune system
- Yoga Protocols for post COVID-19 patients are included in the protocol
- The protocol also mentions the dose of the medicines to be taken.
While preparing the protocol, the ministry considered the following aspects
- Knowledge from Ayurveda classics and experience
- Empirical Evidences and biological plausibility
- Emerging trends of ongoing clinical studies.
Key Recommendations of Katoch Committee
- To set up mega parks for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and bulk drugs manufacturing.
- To add provisions for easy soft loans through interest subvention of 7.5%
- To upgrade income tax rebates.
- To create advanced testing lab infrastructure
- To provide incentives to manufacturers to set up large plants and import technologies to reduce cost of production
- The committee suggested that the states that are most suited for manufacturing pharmaceuticals such as Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Odisha should come forward
NHRC on Ganga river and Dead Bodies
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) recently came up with eleven recommendations to stop mas...
COVID-19 and Prisons
After COVID-19 struck in 2020, the number of COVID-19 positive cases in prisons have become a cause ...
What are Zeolites used in Oxygen Production?
The Air India recently airlifted 35 tonnes of Zeolite used in Oxygen Production plants from Rome to ...
What is Doomsday Surfing or Doomsday Scrolling?
People are continuously reading about the pandemic and news related to it. They are even sacrificing...
WHO warns against use of ivermectin to treat Covid-19
The Health Minister of Goa recently recommended the use of “Ivermectin” to all people above the ...
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|