Assam: Prime Minister to launch ‘Mahabahu-Brahmaputra’ initiative
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi will virtually launch ‘Mahabahu-Brahmaputra’ initiative in Assam on February 18, 2021.
- He will lay the foundation stone for the Dhubri Phulbari bridge.
- PM will also perform the bhumi pujan for the construction of Majuli Bridge in Assam.
- PM while announcing the details stated that, it will be a landmark day in the development journey for Assam as Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative is going to be launched.
- Launch of the Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative is going to be marked with the inauguration of the Ro-Pax vessel operations.
- The Ro-Pax vessel operations will be launched in between the Neamatighat & Majuli, Dhubri-Hatsingimari and North-South Guwahati.
- This initiative also includes the inauguration of the Inland Water Transport Terminal at Jogighopa.
- Initiative will also be marked with the inauguration of various tourist jetties at four locations in order to promote the river tourism and employment across the state.
- This initiative is being started with the aim to provide a seamless connectivity to Eastern Parts of India.
- It also comprises of various development activities for people living across the Barak and Brahmaputra rivers.
The Ro-Pax services will the launched in the state under the Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative. The RO-Pax Vessel operations will help in reducing the travel time. It will also facilitate the connectivity between banks. It will also reduce the distance travelled by road.
Dhubri Phulbari Bridge
The PM will also lay the foundation stone for a four lane Dhubari Phulbari bridge. This bridge will be constructed on NH-127B. The bridge will start from the Srirampur on NH-27 which is the East-West Corridor. It will terminate at Nongstoin on NH-106 in the state of Meghalaya. It will be constructed over the Brahmaputra River connecting Dhubri in Assam to Phulbari, Tura, Rongram, and Rongjeng in Meghalaya. Total cost of the project would be 4997 crores.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|