Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: January 5, 2023.
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for January 5, 2023.
- Union Cabinet approves National Green Hydrogen Mission with an initial outlay of ₹19,744 crore.
- Union Cabinet approves naming of Greenfield International Airport at Goa’s Mopa after Manohar Parrikar.
- Cabinet approves Rs 2,500-cr scheme to raise infrastructure of DoorDarshan and All India Radio.
- Supreme Court rules that a citizen can seek enforcement of the fundamental rights to freedom of speech not just against the state.
- The Government approves Rs 28.11 crore to extend the interest-free loan to tobacco farmers of Andhra Pradesh.
- PM Narendra Modi will chair the second National Conference of Chief Secretaries in Delhi.
- India-France will discuss bilateral and global issues at the 36th India-France strategic dialogue.
- India initiates anti-dumping probe into import of vitamin, used for animal consumption, from China, European Union and Switzerland.
- National Company Law Appellate Tribunal refuses to stay the penalty of Rs 1,337.76 crore imposed on Google India by CCI.
- India’s December services PMI expands to a 6-month high of 58.5
- U.S. FDA approves Aurobindo subsidiary’s cancer drug copy
- Ireland hits Facebook parent Meta with €390 million in fines for online privacy violations.
- Britain’s power grid hits record 88% zero-carbon power generation, delivers the cleanest energy on record to households and businesses.
- Russia ships record 1.17 million barrels a day (mbd) of crude in December
- Elon Musk says Twitter Inc will reverse its 2019 ban on political ads.
- Japan pledges to deepen his country’s alliance with the U.S. under Japan’s new Defence policy.
- Retired Australian Open champion Ash Barty to mentor Olivia Gadecki, who received a wildcard for the season’s first Grand Slam.
- Lionel Messi was chosen as the best player for 2022 by International Football Federation History and Statistics (IFFHS)
- Cape Verde becomes first country to name stadium after Pele
Category: Today's News Headlines