Current Affairs : October 13, 2011
Rate Computer infection escalating in India: Microsoft
- As per the latest Microsoft Security Intelligence Report: In terms of cyber security albeit the world is turning further secure, in India the computer infection rate is hiking. India is having about 3 times the worldwide avg of certain threat categories such as viruses and worms. India’s infection rates have climbed 0.7% in the last quarter alone, while worldwide figures report a 1.1% fall.
- In India the affect was as follows (in term of % of all the affected Computers):-
- Worms: 38.3%, Trojans: 33.6% and Misc potentially unwanted software: 30.7%
- In India, various Trojans, Trojan downloaders, password stealers and monitoring tools all outnumber the situation globally. India is home to 3 of the World’s most unsafe bots (software applications that run automated tasks over the Internet) – Win32/Lethic + Cutwail + Pramro
India backs Palestine in its quest of Sovereignty
- India has restated its support to the Palestinian peoples’ struggle for a sovereign and independent state of Palestine. The Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, addressing at the Mevlana University at Konya, Turkey held that the Palestine conflict is political and can’t be decided by might. Mr. Ansari held that India was the 1st non- Arab nation to identify the Palestinian state in the year 1988.
- Mr. Ansari is on a tour to Turkey. For International Relations, he was bestowed an honorary doctorate by Mevlana University.
Vishnudutt Nagar, a famous Economist recognized for Analytic Columns on the General Budget passed away
- Vishnudutt Nagar (82) a well known Economist passed away. Nagar played an important function in the formation of the Economics Deptt. at Ujjain’s Vikram University. He wrote investigative newspaper columns on the General Budget.
World Mental Health Day observed on October 10, 2011
- World Mental Health Day observed on October 10, 2011 .
- The Theme of the Year- “The Great Push: Investing in Mental Health”
- It called for a multi-sectoral approach in polishing off roadblocks to mental healthcare, thus plummeting the load of neuropsychiatric disorders. It also spotlight the long-run cost effectiveness of investing in treatments for avoidance of mental disorders and endorsement of mental wellbeing.
- The day was fêted on October 10, 2011 with an aim to augment thoughts on mental disorders, and to support investments in avoidance, cure and encouraging consciousness of mental illnesses. The day is important in pulling awareness to issues relating to not only mental illness, but mental well being as well. To recognize mental health, a separate day was created by the World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH) in 1992 with a hope to generate public consciousness on mental health linked issues.
The above 5 questions are part of Daily Current Affairs 20 MCQs Series in GKToday Android Application. This series can be subscribed in the app only for Rs. 799/- for entire year. Download Now