1. Who is the author of the book ‘Chronicle of a Corpse Bearer’? [A]Cyrus Mistry [B]KR Meera [C]Jaswinder Singh [D]Madhu Acharya Answer: Cyrus Mistry The Indian playwright and novelist, Cyrus Mistry has won the 2015 Sahitya Akademi awards for his English novel “Chronicle of a Corpse Bearer”. Mistry’s portrayal of the near-invisible community of Parsi ..
Monthly Archives: December 2015
1. Which of the following organisations has sanctioned $1.5 billion loan to support the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM)? [A]World Bank [B]IMF [C]ADB [D]Japan Bank for International Cooperation Answer: World Bank Recently, the World Bank has sanctioned a $1.5 billion loan to India for its Clean India Campaign. The loan will support Indian Government’ s efforts ..
1. Who of the following has been awarded the 2016 Genesis prize? [A]Jonathan Zalman [B]Michael Bloomberg [C]Michael Douglas [D]Itzhak Perlman Answer: Itzhak Perlman The renowned Israeli-US violinist Itzhak Perlman has been awarded the 2016 Genesis prize for his contribution as a musician, teacher and advocate for people with disabilities. The $1m prize is also known ..
1. Who of the following will head the Judicial Committee on One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme? [A]Y V Reddy [B]L Narasimha Reddy [C]Sanjay Mishra [D]Wykrhm Reddy Answer: L Narasimha Reddy The government of India has appointed a Judicial Committee to look into the implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme for the ex-Servicemen. ..
1. Sharad Joshi, who passed away recently, was related to which of the following fields? [A]Industrialist [B]Politician [C]Agro-economist [D]Scientist Answer: Agro-economist The veteran Agro-economist, prolific journalist and stalwart farmer leader, Sharad Anantrao Joshi (81) passed away in Pune, Maharashtra. He was the founder of Shetakari Sanghtana (farmers’ Organisation), an NGO dedicated to the cause of ..