GKToday Archives: October, 2014
1. Who among the following has been honoured with Dadabhai Naoroji Award for Culture by the UK government? [A]Madhav Sharma [B]Asha Khemka [C]Patricia Hewitt [D]Lynda Bellingham Madhav Sharma Madhav Sharma has been awarded the first-ever Dadabhai Naoroji Award for Culture by the UK government. The new awards are dedicated to Dadabhai Naoroji as the first ..
1. Who has been recently sworn-in as the new Indonesian President? [A]Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono [B]Joko Widodo [C]Megawati Sukarnoputri [D]Abdurrahman Wahid Joko Widodo Joko Widodo has been appointed as the new Indonesian President. Widodo comes from a humble background as he was brought up in a Javan slum and is the first President of the world’s ..
1. Which of the following FMCG product has been recently banned in India under provisions of Rule 135-B? [A]Cosmetics [B]Coffee [C]Rice [D]Mobiles Cosmetics Rule 135-B that states no cosmetic that has been tested on animals after the commencement of Drugs and Cosmetics (Fifth Amendment) Rules, 2014 shall be imported into the country. The ban will ..
1. “The Organiser” is a weekly magazine published by which among the following organizations? [A]Bhartiya Janta Party [B]Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh [C]The Hindu Group [D]Communist Party of India Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh Organiser is the official publication of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. It was launched in 1947. 2. Who among the following is the winner of 2014 ..
1. With reference to the Maithreyi International Visiting Professorship scheme launched recently by the Union Ministry for Science and Technology, which among the following is / are correct statements? 1. India will invite 12 leading international scholars from across the world to come to India as Visiting Professors. 2. The visiting professors will deliver three ..