GKToday Archives: August, 2014
1. Which of the following former Chief Justices of India has been recently appointed as a Governor of Kerala? [A]Justice S.H.Kapadia [B]Justice K.G.Balakrishnan [C]Justice Altamas Kabir [D]Justice P.Sathasivam Justice P.Sathasivam Justice P.Sathasivam has been appointed as the new Governor of Kerala after the resignation of Sheila Dixit. 2. Recently, four new vaccines have been introduced ..
1. Tintu Luka, Anirban Lahiri and Anaka Alankamony have been awarded the Arjuna Award by President Pranab Mukherjee at the 2014 National sports Adventure Awards at Durbar Hall, Rashtrapati Bhawan. What games do these players play respectively? [A]Athletics,Golf and Squash [B]Rowing, Golf and Athletics [C]Athlectics, Rowing and Badminton [D]Athlectics, Squash and Rowing Athletics,Golf and Squash ..
1. According to 2014 Nuclear Materials Security Index prepared by Washington-based Nuclear Threat Initiative, what is the new rank of India out of 25 countries with weapons-usable nuclear materials? [A]21 [B]15 [C]17 [D]23 23 The ranking has been widely criticised due to inadequate methodolgy used and also being termed as uninformed. 2. Which British actor ..
1. During PM Modi’s recent Jammu and Kashmir visit, which hydel power project was inaugurated in Kargil? [A]45MW Nimoo Bazgo project [B]44MW Chutak project [C]345MW Salal project [D]390MW Dul Hasti project 44MW Chutak project 44MW Chutak project: It is a run of the river project built on the Suru River (a monthly tributary of Indus), ..
1. The feature film “The Man Who Knew Infinity” adapted from a book of same title depicts the life of which among the following idols of India? [A]Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis [B]Srinivasa Ramanujan [C]Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar [D]Homi Bhabha Srinivasa Ramanujan “The Man Who Knew Infinity: A Life of the Genius Ramanujan” is biography of Srinivasa Ramanujan, written ..