Disucss the features of the Indian Navy Environment Conservation Roadmap. How it will strengthen our Defence system?
Published: June 6, 2019
Indian Navy pledged 1.5 % of its budget towards Renewable Energy generation. For this purpose the Indian Navy has outlined an environment conservation road map.
ï¿½Features of the road map:
- A number of policies aimed at reduction of energy consumption and environment sustenance have been formulated
- It will covers the entire range of operations, maintenance, administration and infrastructure, and community living
- It will reduceï¿½energyï¿½consumption
- Solar photovoltaic projects have been one of the focus areas
- Pilot projects utilising wind or a mix of both solar and wind are also being taken up progressively
- The project will not only reduce carbon footprint but also help achieve self-sustenance in energy security
- The Green Initiatives Programme of the Indian Navy has added a new dimension i.e. social responsibility to it
- It will address the menace of Air Pollution using various environmental remediation measures for mitigating it such as sapling plantation, arboriculture and horticulture, anti-plastic drive, effluent treatment plants etc.
- Indian Navy has focused attention towards reduction in the energy consumption of all our bases and ships
- It will also focus on Water Conservation at various Naval stations through incorporation of drip irrigation technique, rain water harvesting and re-use of RO water
The initiative will strengthen Indian Defence system to another level. The main focus will be on reduction in energy consumption and diversification of energy supply.