Disucss the features of the Indian Navy Environment Conservation Roadmap. How it will strengthen our Defence system?
Published: June 6, 2019
Indian Navy pledged 1.5 % of its budget towards Renewable Energy generation. For this purpose the Indian Navy has outlined an environment conservation road map.
ï¿½Features of the road map:
- A number of policies aimed at reduction of energy consumption and environment sustenance have been formulated
- It will covers the entire range of operations, maintenance, administration and infrastructure, and community living
- It will reduceï¿½energyï¿½consumption
- Solar photovoltaic projects have been one of the focus areas
- Pilot projects utilising wind or a mix of both solar and wind are also being taken up progressively
- The project will not only reduce carbon footprint but also help achieve self-sustenance in energy security
- The Green Initiatives Programme of the Indian Navy has added a new dimension i.e. social responsibility to it
- It will address the menace of Air Pollution using various environmental remediation measures for mitigating it such as sapling plantation, arboriculture and horticulture, anti-plastic drive, effluent treatment plants etc.
- Indian Navy has focused attention towards reduction in the energy consumption of all our bases and ships
- It will also focus on Water Conservation at various Naval stations through incorporation of drip irrigation technique, rain water harvesting and re-use of RO water
The initiative will strengthen Indian Defence system to another level. The main focus will be on reduction in energy consumption and diversification of energy supply.
Model Questions Month: unclassified