World’s longest Metro line opened in Shanghai
On December 31, 2021, World’s longest Metro Line was opened in China’s Shanghai Province.
- With this inauguration, Shanghai uphold its rank as the city with the largest Metro network worldwide.
- The city opened two new metro lines – Line 14 and Phase One of Line 18.
- With this, the total length of metro network in Shanghai has extended to 831 km. It continues to be the longest network across the world.
- The opening of two new lines has increased the total number of fully automatic metro lines in Shanghai to five, having an operating length of 167 km.
- Now, there are 20 metro lines and 508 stations in Shanghai. Out of 508 stations, 83 are transfer ones.
Shanghai is one of the four direct-administered municipalities in China. It is located on the southern estuary of Yangtze River. Huangpu River also flows through it. The city is the most populous urban area in China as well as the most populous city in the world. It is the only city in East Asia, having its GDP greater than its corresponding capital. The city is a global center for finance, research, business & economics, manufacturing, education, science & technology, tourism, culture & transportation. Port of Shanghai is the busiest container port of the world.
New Development Bank’s headquarter
Shanghai is the headquarter of New Development Bank. The city hosts around 70 foreign representatives as well as numerous national & international events every year, including Shanghai Fashion Week, ChinaJoy and Chinese Grand Prix.
Category: International / World Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|