Unified Web Portal for to Monitoring Progress of GOBARDHAN Launched
The Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Minister of State for Jal Shakti Rattan Lal Kataria, Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Animal Husbandry Minister Giriraj Singh have jointly launched a unified web portal. This web portal will be used for monitoring the progress of GOBARDHAN activities in India.
- It is an important component of Swachh Bharat Mission Phase-2.
- The mission is used for the organic solid waste management.
- Open Defecation Free Plus goal that has been outlined in the Phase 2 of Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) is dependent on the performance of Gobardhan scheme.
- The initiative will address the solid waste management challenge and also increase the livelihood opportunities.
- Further, it seeks to increase the household earnings of farmers and people living in rural areas.
- This initiative is aimed at supporting the villages effectively to manage the cattle dung and other organic waste.
This scheme was launched by the Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation GOBAR-DHAN scheme stands for Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources – DHAN scheme. This scheme is the part of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin). The scheme has its focus on keeping the villages clean, increasing the income of rural households. It also seeks to generate energy from cattle waste.
Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin)
This mission comprises of the two main components in order to create clean villages. Two components include- to create open defecation free (ODF) villages and to manage the solid & liquid waste in villages. Under the scheme, 3.5 lakh villages, 374 districts and 16 States or Union Territories of the country have been declared ODF till date. Thus, time has come to is set up the ODF-plus activities. The ODF-plus comprise of the measures so as to enhance Solid and Liquid Waste Management (SLWM). The GOBARDHAN scheme is also an element under the ODF-plus strategy.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|