TRIFED India: 100 New Forest Organic products included
On October 26, 2020, the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) launched 100 new forest fresh organic products. These products are to be available to 125 tribes in India.
These products include
- Gold and Green Apples from Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Baskets and Boxes from Uttarakhand. They were made from Munj grass
- Cloves, Seeded Tamarind, Coffee Powder and Eucalyptus oil from Nilgri tribes
- Masks made by Meena tribes of Rajasthan
- Immunity boosters such as Kadha and Churan made by the Bhul and Gond tribes of Madhya Pradesh
- Range of pulses, jamun powder and Giloy powder made from Gujarat and Maharashtra
- Pickles, red rice, bel juices, from the North East.
Of these products, some are processed and packaged by the Van Dhan tribal startups. It acts as source of employment for tribal gatherers, home bound artisans and forest dwellers.
Tribes India E-Mart Channel
The TRIFED has also launched the E-Market platform called the Tribes India E-Mart Channel. It is an omni-channel for the tribal to sell their goods to the international and national audience.
Van Dhan Scheme
It is an initiative of TRIFED and Ministry of Tribal Affairs. It was launched in 2018 to seek to improve additional income for the tribal population. The Van Dhan Vikas Kendra was launched under the scheme. The Van Dhan Vikas Kendra provides skill upgradation and setting up of value addition facilities and primary processing facilities. Also, it helps in providing capacity building training.
The scheme is implemented by Ministry of Tribal Affairs. The Nodal Agency involved in the implementation is TRIFED (Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India).
Th two major functions of TRIFED are retail marketing of tribal products and development of minor forest produce.
It aims to promote and encourage tribal community in improving their economic situations. The TRIFED acts as a facilitator for the tribal population to sell their products.
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs - 2022
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|