Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022
Ministry of Women and Child Development is celebrating 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022 from 1st to 30th September 2022. This year, with the main focus on “Mahila aur Swasthya” and “Bacha aur Shiksha”, Poshan Maah is to be started as Poshan Panchayat through Gram Panchayats.
- Pregnant and lactating women, children below six years of age and adolescent girls will be given special attention in this month-long Poshan Maah. Along with this, they will be made aware about the importance of nutrition through sensitization campaigns, outreach programs, and camps.
- Awareness activities will be conducted at the Panchayat level by the concerned District Panchayati Raj Officers, CDPOs, local officials.
- This time a national level toy manufacturing workshop will also be organized to promote the use of indigenous and local toys for teaching children in Anganwadi centers.
- Under this program, the importance of rainwater harvesting will be emphasized among women at Anganwadi centers as well as information related to traditional food items for healthy mother and child in tribal areas will be provided.
- Under the state level activities, ‘Amma ki Rasoi’ of traditional nutritious dishes will also be operated. Also, extensive efforts will be made to integrate traditional foods with local festivals during Poshan Maah.
About POSHAN Abhiyaan
POSHAN Abhiyaan is the flagship programme of government of India to improve nutritional outcomes for pregnant women, lactating mother, children and adolescent Girls. This mission was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the occasion of International Women’s Day on March 8, 2018. POSHAN stands for “Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nutrition” Abhiyaan. This mission was announced in Budget 2021-2022.
Aim of the Mission
POSHAN Abhiyaan divert the attention of country towards the problem of malnutrition and address it in a mission-mode. This mission focuses on the aims of POSHAN Abhiyaan, Mission Poshan 2.0. it seeks to strengthen nutritional content, delivery, outreach and outcomes in order to develop practices that nurture health, wellness and immunity on disease as well as malnutrition.
POSHAN Abhiyaan is a Jan Andolan or People’s Movement. It incorporates inclusive participation of public representatives of local bodies, government department from States or UTs, Public & Private sector and social organizations.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
Topics: 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah • Amma ki Rasoi • Bacha aur Shiksha • Jan Andolan • Mahila aur Swasthya • POSHAN • Poshan Abhiyaan • Poshan Maah • Poshan Panchayat • Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022 • WCD
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|