PM inaugurates Iconic ‘Atal Bridge’ in Ahmedabad
Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the iconic ‘Atal Bridge’ over the Sabarmati River in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat. Its name was declared as Atal Bridge on 25 December on the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Key facts about Atal Bridge
- This bridge is built on the banks of the Sabarmati Riverfront on Sabarmati River which flows through the city of Ahmedabad.
- Equipped with attractive design and LED lights, this bridge is about 300 meters long and 14 meters wide.
- 2,600 metric tons of steel pipe has been used in the construction of this bridge and the railing is made of glass and steel.
- The bridge will provide connectivity to various public developments on the East and West Bank, from multi-level car parking and plazas, to the proposed arts, cultural and exhibition center between the Flower Park on the East Coast and the West Bank’s Event Ground.
- Apart from pedestrians, cyclists can also use this bridge to cross the river.
- The total cost of construction of this bridge is Rs 74.29 lakh crore.
The Sabarmati Riverfront has been developed on the banks of the Sabarmati River in the city of Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Under this project both the banks of the river have been developed. It was proposed to be developed in 1960 but its work started in 2005. After its completion in 2012, it was opened to the general public.
Category: States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|