Amit Rastogi: CMD of National Research Development Corporation
Commodore Amit Rastogi (Retd), after being into service to Indian Navy for 34 years, has taken charge as Chairman & Managing Director of National Research Development Corporation. He took charges on October 18, 2021.
Who is Amit Rastogi?
- He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from JNU.
- He did his M.Sc. in Defence & strategic studies from Madras University while Master’s degree in Electronics & Telecommunication form Poona University.
- He is also an alumnus of College of Defence Management, Secunderabad and Defence Services Staff College Wellington.
- He has held diverse portfolios in Indian Navy, state-of-the-art technology intensive combat systems and carries rich experience in induction of missile systems.
- He worked as Director of Electrical Engineering at Integrated Headquarters in Ministry of Defence for five years and also served as Additional General Manager Tech Services for two years at Naval Dockyard.
National Research Development Corporation (NRDC)
NRDC was a non-departmental government body. It was established by the British Government for transferring technology from public sector to private sector. This body was established in the year 1948 by Attlee’s Labour government to meet the perceived need at the time in order to exploit several products that Defence Research Establishment had developed during World War II. It was set up by Board of Trade in accordance with the Development of Inventions Act 1948. Lord Giffard was its first managing director. In the year 1981, NRDC was combined with National Enterprise Board (NEB) to form British Technology Group (BTG).
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|