THE Asia University Rankings 2022
On 1st June 2022, the latest edition of the Asia University Rankings was released by the Times Higher Education (THE). The 2022 edition of the rankings comprises 616 universities from 31 countries and territories across Asia. India is the third most-represented country in this 2022 rankings with 71 institutions making this list. In 2021, 62 Indian institutions made it to the rankings list.
Which is the top-ranking university on this list?
The only institute that has made it to the top 50 on the list is the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore with a rank of 42. The JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research has made its debut on this list with a rank of 65. It is followed by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar with a rank of 68 and IIT Indore with a rank of 87. Compared to the positions achieved in 2021, all the Indian institutes that were placed in the top-100 have slipped down. Among the top 200, there are 17 Indian universities in this year’s rankings whereas in 2021 there were 18. Of the 14 that have made it to the ranking in both years, eight have risen.
What are the ranks of the Indian universities?
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore- 42
- JSS Academy- 65
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropar- 68
- Indian Institute of Technology Indore- 78
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar- 120
- Alagappa University- 122
- Thapar Institute – 127
- Saveetha University- 131
- Mahatma Gandhi University- 139
- Delhi Technological University- 149
- Banaras Hindu University- 153
- Institute of Chemical Technology- 158
- Jamia Millia Islamia- 160
- Jawaharlal Nehru University- 167
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad- 174
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology- 177
- Panjab University- 197
Which is the most represented country on this list?
Japan is the most-represented nation on this list, with 118 institutions making it this year, up from 116 in 2021. The top two universities on this list are from China for the third consecutive year. They are Tsinghua and Peking universities holding the first and second places, respectively. In this list, there are 97 mainland Chinese universities, while in 2021 it was 91, making it the second most-represented nation. A university from Palestine has been ranked for the first time and the representations from Saudi Arabia increased in the top 100 from four to six.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2022