S S Mundra- New BSE Chairperson
On 17th May 2022, BSE Limited announced approval has been given for the appointment of SS Mundra as the company’s chairperson. Mundra was the Public Interest Director at BSE.
Who will be replaced by Mundra as the chairperson?
Justice Vikramajit Sen the current chairman of the BSE will be replaced by SS Mundra.
When was SS Mundra appointed as the Public Interest Director at BSE?
In January 2018, he was appointed as the BSE’s Public Interest Director.
What other positions were held by SS Mundra?
On 30th July 2017, Mundra retired as the Reserve Bank of India’s Deputy following a stint of three years. Before that, he was the Chairman and Managing Director of the Bank of Baroda. He superannuated from this post in July 2014. He has a banking career of more than four decades and has held several important positions. This include
- Union Bank of India- Executive Director
- Bank of Baroda- Chief Executive (European Operations)
- Financial Stability Board (G20 Forum)- RBI’s nominee
- OECD’s International Network- Vice-chairperson on Financial Education (INFE).
He has also served on the boards of several companies such as:
- Central Depository Services (India) Ltd. (CDSL)
- Clearing Corporation of India Ltd (CCIL)
- BOB Asset Management Company
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company Ltd.
- India Infrastructure Finance Corporation (UK) Ltd.
- National Payments Corporation of India Ltd., etc.
What is BSE Limited?
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) which is also known as the BSE Limited is an Indian stock exchange that is located on Dalal Street, Mumbai. This organization was established in the year 1875 by Premchand Roychand. It is Asia’s oldest stock exchange and the tenth oldest in the world. In terms of overall market capitalization, the BSE is the world’s 8th largest stock exchange having a market capitalization of over Rs 276.713 lakh crore.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2022