PM-SHRI Yojana : 10 GK & Current Affairs Facts
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently announced that 14,500 schools across the country will be developed and upgraded under the PM-Shri scheme. The scheme was announced by the Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan in June 2022.
- These schools will become the model schools of the country, which will be in line with the core spirit of the National Education Policy and will emphasize on innovative methods of teaching.
- These schools will be equipped with modern infrastructure including labs, smart classrooms, libraries, sports equipment, art rooms etc., which are inclusive and accessible.
- These schools will also be developed as green schools with integration of water conservation, waste recycling, energy efficient infrastructure and organic lifestyle in the curriculum.
- At least one PM Shri School will be established in every block of the country. So that the children of common people can also get the opportunity of good education and they do not have to go far for studies.
- Under this scheme, one secondary and senior secondary school will also be connected in each district of the country.
- Assessment at all levels of the school will be based on conceptual understanding and application of knowledge in real life situations and will be competency based.
- These schools will not only aim at qualitative teaching, learning and cognitive development, but will also create holistic and well-rounded individuals equipped with key skills of the 21st century.
- These schools will be established on the lines of Kendriya Vidyalaya. At the same time, according to the need, the premises and structure of government schools will be made beautiful, strong, attractive.
- The Central Government will bear the expenses of PM Shri Schools. However, the implementation and monitoring of this scheme will be the responsibility of the state government.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs