Expansion of Business Blasters Programme
The Delhi government has announced the extension of its Business Blasters programme to the private schools of Delhi.
- The Business Blasters programme was launched in 2021.
- Under this programme, students who are studying in classes 11 and 12 are mentored and then provided a financial capital of Rs 2,000 as seed money so that their business ideas can be financed.
- This programme is a part of the Entrepreneur Mindset Curriculum (EMC) that has been developed by the Delhi government for high school students.
- The programme is already being implemented in the government schools.
- The students of the government school of Delhi have already developed around 52,000 business ideas since the start of this programme.
- This programme is also being implemented so that the government can nurture all the future CEOs and entrepreneurs from an early age.
- The selected students are provided with business-related help by the government.
Announcement regarding the extension of the programme to colleges and universities
Arvind Kejriwal, the Chief Minister of Delhi has announced that there are plans for the Business Blasters programme to also be implemented in the various colleges and universities with the aim that the entrepreneurial ideas of the students of Delhi don’t hit a roadblock after they pass out from their respective schools.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs