World Economic Forum meeting starts in Davos, Switzerland
The annual World Economic Forum (WEF) meeting has started in Swiss resort of Davos, Switzerland with participation of political leaders and business from around the world.
In this edition of WEF meeting, the agenda includes the outlook of the global economy and measures to fight terrorism.
- Leaders from about 40 countries and more than 2,500 business people are attending the meeting.
- The 4-day conference will cover the discussions on tumbling oil prices and China’s uncertain economic prospects.
- It will be also discussing the issue of growing terror threats in the wake of the November 2015 terrorist attacks in Paris (France) and influx of migrants and refugees in Europe.
- Participants will also discuss environmental issues such as greenhouse gas emissions. They will also review the latest efforts to improve industrial production with robotics, artificial intelligence and information technology.
World Economic Forum (WEF)
- WEF is an international institution founded by Klaus Schwab that works to improve the state of the world through public-private cooperation.
- It was established in 1971 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Motto: Committed to improving the state of the world
- It is an independent not-for-profit organization that works closely with other international organizations.
- It also works with leaders in the field of politics, business, academia to set global, regional and industrial agenda.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|