Winners of 2017 All England Championship Title of Badminton
Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei won the 2017 All England Championship Title of Badminton in the men’s singles event. In the final match he defeated China’s Shi Yuqi by 21-12, 21-10 score. It was his overall fourth title in men’s singles event and had earlier won in 2010, 2011 and 2014.
Other category winners are
- Women’s Single: Tai Tzu-ying (China) won the title by defeating Ratchanok Intanon (Thailand) by 21-16, 22-20 score.
- Men’s Double: Indonesia’s Marcus Gideon and Kevin Sukamuljo won the title by defeating China’s Li Junhui and Liu Yuchen by 21-19, 21-14 score.
- Women’s Double: South Korea’s Chang Ye Na and Lee So Hee won the title by defeating Denmark’s Kamilla Rytter Juhl and Christinna Pedersen by 21-18, 21-13 score.
- Mixed Double: China’s Lu Kai and Huang Yaqiong won the title by defeating Malaysia’s Peng Soon Chan and Liu Ying Goh by 18-21, 21-19, 21-14 score.
About All England Open Badminton Championships
- It is one of the oldest as well as the prestigious badminton tournaments of the world. The first tournament was held in 1898 in Guildford, since then it is played annually.
- Initially the championship was started in only three categories- Men’s Doubles, Women’s Doubles and Mixed Doubles. But later in 1900 individual Men’s Singles and Women’s Singles titles were added.
- Indian badminton legends Prakash Padukone (in 1980) and P Gopichand (in 2001) have won this prestigious title in Men’s Singles category.
UK Action Plan for Animal Welfare
The United Kingdom recently unveiled an Action Plan for Animal Welfare. ContentsKey Features of the ...
UK to allow Driverless cars on roads
The United Kingdom has become the first country to announce regulation for the use of self-driving v...
Police and Crime Bill: Why are people protesting in UK?
In the United Kingdom, thousands are protesting against the new legislation introduced in the Britis...
World’s Largest Radio Telescope- Square Kilometre Array
The Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO) Council recently held its meeting. During the meeting,...
N501Y Mutation in Coronavirus
The recent infectious wave in the UK, prompting fresh lockdown measures, is associated with a mutant...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|