Viswanathan Anand conferred with 2016 Hridaynath Mangeskar Award
Five-time world chess champion Vishwanathan Anand (46) was honoured with the 2016 Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award.
He was presented with award by the Maharashtra Governor C Vidyasagar Rao in Mumbai on the occasions of celebrations of 25th anniversary of the Hridayesh Arts which gives the awards.
He was selected for the award for his contributions to the game of Chess by becoming five-time world champion. With this he became first sports personality to receive this prestigious award.
About Viswanathan Anand
- Born on 11 December 1969. He is India’s first grandmaster in 1988 and a former world champion.
- He had held the FIDE World Chess Championship title from 2000 to 2002 and became the undisputed world champion in 2007.
About Hridaynath Mangeskar Award
- Established in 2011 by Mumbai- based socio-cultural organisation Hridayesh Art in the honour of music composer and singer Hridaynath Mangeskar.
- The award felicitates and recognises successful individuals across the country from various walks of life. It carries monetary award of Rs 2 lakh and a memento.
- Hridaynath is the son of renowned musician Deenanath Mangeshkar and is younger brother of Indian music legends Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|