New Visually Impaired Friendly Coin Series
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled the new series of visually impaired friendly coins of various denominations.
About the Coins
- The coins are of denomination Rs. 1, Rs. 2, Rs. 5, Rs. 10 and Rs.20.
- Rs 20 coin, the first-ever coin offering in Rs 20 denomination, has been created in the shape of a 12-edged polygon with a design of grains to denote farm dominance of the nation.
- Other than Rs 20 coins others are in round shape.
- The new series of coins are characterized by the increasing size and weight from lower to higher denominations.
- The coins designed by the National Institute of Design has been produced by Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited and the Finance Ministry.
About Rs 20 Coin
- The face of the coin has the Lion Capitol of Ashoka Pillar with ‘Satyamev Jayate’ in Hindi inscribed below. The left periphery has the word ‘Bharat’ in Hindi and on the right periphery has the word “INDIA” in English.
- On the reverse denominational value “20” is inscribed in international numerals below the symbol of Rupee.
- The reverse side of the coin also has grains depicting the agricultural dominance on the left periphery of the coin.
- The top right and bottom right peripheries bear the word ‘Bees Rupaye’ in Hindi and “TWENTY RUPEES” in English.
This new series of coins with various differentiating features will aid the visually impaired. These new coins will facilitate the visually impaired to do transactions with ease together with instilling confidence in them.