Vishwanathan Anand to be honoured with Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award
Five-time world chess champion Vishwanathan Anand (46) will be honoured with the Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award.
Maharashtra State Governor C Vidyasagar Rao will bestow award upon him at an event to be held in Mumbai on April 12, 2016.
About Vishwanathan Anand
- Born on December 11, 1969. He is an Indian chess grandmaster and a former world champion. He became India’s first grandmaster in 1988.
- He held the FIDE World Chess Championship from 2000 to 2002 and became the undisputed world champion in 2007.
About Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award
- Established in 2011 by Mumbai- based socio-cultural organisation Hridayesh Art in the honour of music composer and singer Hridaynath Mangeskar.
- The award felicitates and recognises successful individuals across the country from various walks of life. It carries monetary award of Rs 2 lakh and a memento.
- Hridaynath is the son of renowned musician Deenanath Mangeshkar and is younger brother of Indian music legends Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle.
- The previous recipients of the award include eminent personalities like Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Amitabh Bachchan, Hariprasad Chaurasia and A R Rahman.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|