U.S. to lay out its New Foreign Policy at ‘G-7 & Munich summit’
Joe Biden is all set to make the first big appearance on a global stage as president on February 19, 2021.
- He has also offered Group of Seven (G7) allies and other foreign leaders a part into his plans of dramatically reshaping the US foreign policy.
- This move will be taken by him even as he is dealing with a number of international crises.
- Biden will be giving virtual appearances at a G-7 meeting and Munich Security Conference.
- The New administration has announced major reversals of Trump administration policies.
Major Announcements and policy reversal
- White House has sought that the new administration will quickly be moving to reorient US away from Donald Trump”s “America First” mantra.
- The State Department also announced that the United States stands ready to re-join talks regarding re-entering into the 2015 multilateral Iran nuclear deal. This deal was earlier abandoned by Trump administration.
- At the G-7, the US government will also announce to that the US will soon start releasing USD 4 billion towards an international effort to arrange the purchase and distribution of coronavirus vaccine for the poor nations. This programme was also rejected by Trump.
- US also officially re-joined the Paris climate agreement which is the largest international effort for curbing the global warming. Earlier, Trump in 2017, had announced the withdrawal from the deal.
- The new President will also encourage the G-7 partners in order to make good on their pledges for the COVAX initiative by WHO which Trump had withdrawn and refused to join the 190 countries in the COVAX program.
Group of Seven (G7)
It is an intergovernmental organization comprising of France, Canada, Italy, Germany, Japan, United Kingdom and United States. At the annual G7 meeting, the heads of government from the member states and the representatives of the European Union meet and discuss several issues.
Munich Security Conference
It is an annual conference on international security policy. It is organised in Munich, Bavaria since the year 1963. It is world’s largest gathering.
Category: International Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|