Third Phase of ‘Chah Bagicha Dhan Puraskar Mela’
The third phase of Chah Bagicha Dhan Puraskar mela is set to be held in Guwahati on February 6, 2021. The event will be attended by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- The Assam government will be distributing the financial assistance of 3 thousand rupees to each of 7.5 lakh people who belongs to tea garden areas.
- The financial assistance would be provided under the Chah Bagicha Dhan Puraskar scheme.
- Recently, the Morigaon district administration in Assam has distributed the allotment letters to 1,478 beneficiaries under the scheme.
Chah Bagicha Dhan Puraskar scheme
- This scheme was started by the Assam government in the year 2017- 18.
- Under the scheme, payment of incentive of Rs 2500 is provided to the bank account of those tea garden workers’ whose bank accounts were opened after demonetization (November 8, 2016).
- The workers who opened their bank accounts before demonetization are given a total amount of Rs. 5000 in 1st instalment and Rs 2500 in 2nd
- Thus, the Assam government launched this scheme to encourage people to open bank accounts in tea garden areas.
It is a black tea which has been named after the region of its production. The tea is manufactured specifically from the plant called Camellia sinensis var. This tea is indigenous to the state of Assam.
Tea Cultivation in Assam
Assam is the largest tea-growing region by production in the World. The state lies on both the sides on Brahmaputra River. It has its border with Bhutan and Bangladesh. Assam experiences high rainfall accounting for 250 to 300 mm (10 to 12 in) rain per day in the Monsoon season. Further, the day time temperature stands to about 36 °C. This creates greenhouse-like conditions accounting to humidity and heat. Such weather condition is the reason for unique malty taste of Assam Tea.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|