Samsung Introduces World’s Highest-Resolution Image Sensor
The South Korean Tech Giant, Samsung Electronics Co unveiled world’s highest-resolution image sensor, with 64 megapixels for smartphones. This is a step to meet increasing demand for mobile devices with better image quality.
About Image Sensor
- Samsung expanded its 0.8-micrometer pixel image sensor (smallest pixel size currently available in global market) lineup by introducing two new 0.8-micrometer pixel image sensors:
- 64-megapixel ISOCELL Bright GW1 (for advanced handsets)
- 48-megapixel ISOCELL Bright GM2 (for flagship phones)
- The two image sensors are currently being sampled and its mass production will soon start in second half of 2019.
- The image sensor market is expected to grow exponentially by 2030 in line with advancements in about to be introduced 5G technologies and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Applications: Apart from Smart Phones, Vehicle components are next market for image sensors, ranging from parking assistant system to autonomous driving (self-driving cars).
Note: In Global market share of Image Sensor shipments, Japan’s Sony comapany accounted for 26.1% of global market in 2018, followed by Samsung’s 23.2%.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2019
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|