Samagra Shiksha funded school to be renamed after Netaji
The Ministry of Education has decided that the Schools and hostels under the Samagra Shiksha scheme will now be renamed after Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- The renaming of the scheme will help to create awareness regarding the facility of these residential schools and hostels in difficult areas.
- It will also inspire these schools to achieve the high standards of quality education.
About Samagra Shiksha Scheme
- It is an integrated scheme for school education.
- The scheme extends from the pre-school to class XII.
- It ensures the inclusive and equitable quality education for all at all levels of school education.
- The scheme was launched after subsuming three schemes namely, the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), the Teacher Education (TE), the Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA).
- Under the scheme, the school education is treated holistically as a continuum from Pre-school to Class 12.
- The scheme emphasizes on improving the quality of school education by focusing on two T’s that is Teacher and Technology.
- Further, the Ministry of Education under the scheme provides the financial assistance to states and union territories to open and run the residential schools and hostels in hilly terrain.
- It also provides financial assistance for opening schools and residentials in small and less populated areas for children who are in need of shelter and care.
The residential facilities are provided under the scheme to the migrant and child labour rescued children. It is also provided to the children who got separated from their families and those who are without adult protection. So far, a total of 1,063 residential facilities including the 383 residential schools and 680 hostels have been sanctioned to states and union territories under the scheme.
Under the scheme, specific skill training, medical care, physical self-defence, community participation and monthly stipend are also provided to children.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|