Reuters Digital News Report, 2021
10th edition of Reuters Digital News Report 2021 was published on June 23, 2021. Report is published by Reuters Institute for Study of Journalism (RISJ).
Key findings of report
- India was ranked at 31st position in the category of “trust in news” out of 46 media markets that were surveyed by Reuters.
- Asian College of Journalism (ACJ) provided logistical support to survey Indian market.
- Study focused on trust in news and featured India for the first time in its main report this year.
- As per report, 73 per cent of respondents in India use smartphones to access news while 82 per cent source news online using social media.
- 63 per cent of the respondents are acquiring information from social media platforms like WhatsApp and YouTube only.
- 38 percent of the respondents in India trusted news overall.
- Finland, with 65%, has highest levels of overall trust in news.
- USA, with 29 %, has the lowest levels of trust.
Who were the respondents?
ACJ and RISJ interviewed only online news users and English-speaking affluent, younger, educated and city-dwelling population. They account for small portion of Indians and cannot be considered as representing India.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|