Renowned Telangana poet Guda Anjaiah passes away
Noted Telangana poet and lyricist Guda Anjaiah passed away following a brief illness at Ragannagudem, Telangana. He was 61.
He played a key role in Telangana statehood movement by penning several songs which later found their way into films.
About Guda Anjaiah
- He was born in Adilabad district in 1955. He was leading life as pharmacist in Hyderabad.
- He was famous for his song ‘Ee Ooru Manadira” which was translated in 16 languages.
- Some of his other famous songs are Rajiga ori Rajiga and Ayyoniva nuvvu. They were based on Telangana statehood movement during 2009-11 and were played in Poru film.
- He also had written novel titled Polimera which highlighted the dark days of 1975 National Emergency.
- Awards and Honours: Sahithya Bandu Ratna award (1986), Rajini Telugu Sahithi Samithi Award (1988), Telangana Sahithya Puraskaram (2015) etc.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2016