Portugal wins 2016 UEFA European football championship
Portugal has won the 2016 UEFA European football championship (Euro Cup 2016) by defeating host France. It was Portugal’s first UEFA European Championship title.
In the final match, played at Stade de France (Paris, France) Portugal defeated France by 1-0 goal score. The only goal for the Portugal team was scored by Éder at 109 minute in the 11 minutes of extra time.
With this victory, Portugal has earned the right to compete at the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup hosted by Russia.
- Golden Boot: Antoine Griezmann (France) – 6 goals, 2 assists.
- Silver Boot: Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) – 3 goals, 3 assists.
- Bronze Boot: Olivier Giroud (France) – 3 goals, 2 assists.
- Young Player of the Tournament: Renato Sanches (Portugal) – aged 18.
- Euro 2016 was the 15th edition of UEFA European football championship 2016. For the first time, the final tournament was contested by 24 teams.
- Under this new format, the finalists has contested in a group stage consisting of six groups of four teams, followed by a knockout stage including three rounds and the final.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2016
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|