PM to inaugurate Second Edition of Maritime India Summit
The ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways informed that the Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the second edition of the Maritime India Summit (MIS) in the virtual mode on March 2, 2021.
- Apart from that, the ministry has already started signing several Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with various entities.
- Recently, the Mumbai Port Trust signed MoUs worth ₹7,400 crores.
- As a part of this summit, ₹20,000 crore worth MoUs will be signed.
- Opening session of the summit will mark the ministerial-level participation. The participants will be joining from Russia, Afghanistan, Iran, Uzbekistan, and Armenia.
- The summit will also hold discussions on ‘Development of Port Infrastructure and Boosting Business through Trade, Promotion and Regional connectivity’.
- It will also provide a unique platform which will mark the participation of stakeholders in the maritime sectors like sector experts, policy planners, senior government officials, shipping line owners, domestic and international investors and representatives of major ports from several parts of the world along with the governments of maritime states in India.
- Summit will also be hosting the forums for interaction and collaboration with Indian and International Ports, Shipping and Maritime Companies and Investors.
- The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways is organising the summit in collaboration with the FICCI as an Industrial Partner and EY as a Knowledge Partner.
Objective of the Summit
The Maritime India Summit is being organised with the objective of pushing India to the forefront of the Global Maritime Sector.
Union Minister of Shipping recently launched a brochure and a website called www.maritimeindiasummit.in for the second edition of Maritime India Summit. This year summit will be held in virtual mode because of COVID-19 pandemic. The registration for exhibitors and visitors for the summit was started on February 11, 2021.
Category: Summits and Conferences
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|