PM to chair NITI Aayog Governing Council Meeting
The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, will chair NITI Aayog Governing Council meeting on February 20, 2021.
- During the meeting, issues with respect to agriculture, manufacturing, infrastructure and human resource development will be discussed.
- This will be the sixth meeting of the Governing Council.
- The meeting will be joined by Ladakh for the first time.
- Jammu and Kashmir will also participate as a Union Territory this year.
- Other Union Territories which are headed by the administrators will also join the meeting.
- Meeting will also be attended by the ex-officio members of the Governing Council; vice chairman and union ministers.
- Members & CEO of NITI Aayog and other senior officials of Government of India will also be joining the meeting.
It is a policy think tank in India which was established in 2015 by replacing the planning commission. The body was established with the aim of achieving the sustainable development goals with the cooperative federalism Some of the initiatives of the Aayog includes- “15-year road map”, AMRUT, “7-year vision, strategy, and action plan”, Atal Innovation Mission, Digital India, Medical Education Reform, agriculture reforms, Transforming India Lecture Series etc. The Prime Minister is the Chairman of the think tank.
Members of NITI Aayog
- The Prime Minister is the Chairperson of the Aayog.
- It also comprises of a Governing Council which include Chief Ministers of all the States and Union territories with Legislatures and lieutenant governors of Union Territories. However, Delhi and Puducherry are excluded.
- It also has Regional Councils which is composed of Chief Ministers of States and Lt. Governors of Union Territories.
It is the apex body of NITI Aayog. The council comprises of all the chief ministers, lieutenant governors of Union Territories (UTs), other union ministers and senior government officials. Council meets regularly. The first meeting of the council took place on February 8, 2015.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|