PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Dandi Kutir museum in Gujarat
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Dandi Kutir museum in Gujarat’s capital of Gandhinagar. It is a state-of-the-art three-storey museum, based upon the life and works of Mahatma Gandhi.
It was inaugurated on the occasion of the 13th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas (PBD) and 7th edition of Vibrant Gujarat.
Key facts about Dandi Kutir museum
- It is the biggest permanent museum in the world based on life of one person- Mahatma Gandhi.
- It traces the life and times of Mahatma Gandhi through various faces as barrister, his struggles in South Africa, return to India and successfully leading the freedom struggle.
- Each and every aspect of Gandhi’s life is portrayed in the form of sculptures in the ‘salt-mound’ at Mahatma Mandir.
- Dandi Kutir is located inside a 41-metre high salt-mound. This salt-mound depicts Gandhiji’s famous Dandi march of 1930 against the salt tax provisions imposed by the British regime.
- Through number of exhibits that are displayed in museum, key concepts of Gandhian thoughts like Satyagraha, non-violence, self-reliance, Gram Swaraj are elaborately explained.
- This museum also showcases 3D short film and also an audio-visual presentation of milestone incidents of the Indian Independence Movement.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|