MOHUA- Zomato partnership under the PM SVANidhi
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA) and Zomato have signed a MoU under the Prime Minister Street Vendor’s AtmaNibhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme.
- Under the MoU, it was decided to onboard the street food vendors on the food-tech platform of Zomato.
- This would help the street food vendors to access online the thousands of consumers.
- It will also help these vendors to grow their businesses.
What is the plan?
- As per the MoU, the MoHUA and Zomato will be running a pilot program initially by on-boarding 300 vendors.
- These vendors will be selected from across six cities namely, Patna, Bhopal, Nagpur, Ludhiana, Vadodara and Raipur.
- The street vendors will be empowered with the PAN and FSSAI
- They will also be given training on technology & partner app usage, menu digitization % pricing and hygiene & packaging.
On October 5, 2020 the MoHUA also signed a MoU with the Swiggy to empower Street Food Vendors with digital technology. It was also signed with the objective of facilitating the greater income earning opportunities to the street-vendors through these food-tech platforms.
PMSVANidhi se Samriddhi Application
The ministry also launched the Mobile Application called “PMSVANidhi se Samriddhi”. The application will do the Socio-economic profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries and their families and help them to link with the Central Government Schemes. The application will assist city officials to collect the door-to-door data.
PM SVANidhi Scheme
This scheme was launched on June 01, 2020. It was launched in order to provide the affordable working capital loan to street vendors. The scheme was launched to help vendors to resume their livelihoods that was affected due to Covid-19 lockdown. It seeks to benefit over 50 lakh Street Vendors. The scheme provides the vendors a collateral free loan of up to Rs. 10,000, of one year.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs