MoHUA Launches ‘Pey Jal Survekshan’
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched a Pilot Pey Jal Survekshan. This was launched under the Jal Jeevan Mission- Urban (JJM-U).
- This sarvekshan will be conducted in cities to ensure the equitable distribution of water and reusing the wastewater.
- The sarvekshan will also help in mapping the water bodies.
- The mapping of the water body will be done with respect to quantity and quality of water with the help of the challenge process.
- The sarvekshan will be launched across 10 cities including Badlapur, Agra, Churu, Bhubaneswar, Madurai, Kochi, Patiala, Surat, Rohtak, and Tumkur.
Jal Jeevan Mission- Urban
- The Jal Jeevan Mission (Urban)was announced in the Union Budget 2021-22.
- The mission was announced under the Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry.
- It seeks to provide universal coverage of water supply to all households with functional taps.
- The universal coverage will be done in all the statutory towns. The mission has been launched in accordance with Sustainable Development Goal- 6.
- Budget 2021-22 has proposed an outlay of 2 lakh 87 thousand crore rupees for the mission. It includes 10 thousand crore rupees to continue the financial support for AMRUT Mission.
- The mission also complements the Jal Jeevan Mission (Rural) that was launched to ensure the supply of 55 litres of water per person per day to every household in rural areas. It will provide Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTC) in the rural areas by 2024.
This mission was launched in June 2015 by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs. The mission seeks to ensure that every household has access primarily to tap water followed by a sewerage connection. It also seeks to increase amenity value of cities by creating green spaces and well-maintained open spaces. The mission was launched to reduce pollution by switching to public transport. It also seeks to construct facilities for non-motorized transport such as walking and cycling.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|