Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Programme- Key Facts
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship recently rolled out the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) programme in all the districts India.
- The programme was earlier working across 69 districts.
- Fellows under the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship will acquire the academic expertise and technical competency.
- The expertise will help them to understand the overall skill ecosystem.
- It will also help the fellows to get attached to District Skill Committees.
- The ministry of skill development has also joined hands with Kerala Institute of Local Administration so as to conduct the capacity building programmes for district officials from the states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Puducherry and Lakshadweep.
- The partnership between the two will be more focused towards strengthening the overall quality of skill training.
- The ministry highlighted that, this fellowship programme along with the recent launch of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0 and other academic partnerships with IITs, IIMs, KILA and GIZ-IGVET under the SANKALP scheme will help in empowering the districts and ensure the demand-driven skilling.
About SANKALP Scheme
The SANKALP scheme stands for the “Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion”. This programme is assisted by the World Bank loan. The scheme was launched with the objective of strengthening the district skill administration and the District Skill Committees (DSCs).
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) programme
MGNF is a two-year fellowship programme. It was launched with the objective of boosting the skill development at the district level. It has been designed under the SANKALP scheme. The scheme was launched with the aim of addressing the challenge of non-availability of personnel in order to implement the programmes at district, state and national levels. Under the programme, the fellows should be aged between 21 to 30 years to get enrolled.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|