Kerala to launch Mobile app for Waste Disposal
Kerala government is set to launch a mobile application to improve and track the collection of inorganic waste across local self-governing bodies.
- Smart garbage mobile app will be launched across all six municipal corporations, 300 village bodies and 70-odd municipalities in the initial phase.
- Launch of the mobile app will make waste disposal more efficient.
How this app will help in waste management?
- App will be deployed to manage and realise the quantity of inorganic waste collected from household.
- It will also and explain how waste has to be treated.
- Each household will be given QR codes, which will be used to obtain details of waste being generated.
- This app will enable all local bodies and department to track waste collection.
Who will track the waste collection?
Waste collection will be tracked by volunteers of state poverty alleviation and women empowerment programme called Kudumbashree Mission. These volunteers are known as Haritha Karma sena. The sena would be provided with smartphones as part of the project to track the waste collection. Smartphones will be backed by Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation.
This poverty eradication and women empowerment programme is being implemented in the state of Kerala by State Poverty Eradication Mission (SPEM). Kudumbashree represents Kudumbashree Mission or SPEM and other associated activities. It was set up in 1997, on the recommendations of three-member Task Force appointed by Kerala government. This mission was registered in November 1998 as a Charitable Society under “Travancore-Cochin Literary, Scientific & Charitable Societies Act 1955”.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|