IIT Delhi launches ‘‘Chakr DeCoV’’ to decontaminate N95 masks
In the series on Atmanirbhar Bharat IIT Delhi incubated startup Chakr Innovation has launched ‘Chakr DeCoV’
- It is a decontamination device that decontaminate N95 masks.
- Designed in the shape of a cabinet.
- Built with an innovative decontamination mechanism.
- The mechanism utilises the high penetrability of Ozone gas for cleaning the pores of the N95 mask.
- It ensures complete decontamination of its intricate layers.
Ozone is a strong oxidizing agent that destroys viruses by diffusing through the protein coat, resulting in damage to the viral RNA. Proper dosage and exposure of Ozone can result in inactivation of SARS CoV-2 and a 99.9999 per cent reduction in bacterial load, after which an N95 mask can be reused for up to 10 times without any impact on the filtration efficiency.
Category: Science & Technology Current Affairs