Hoshangabad City to be renamed as Narmadapuram
The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chouhan, has announced to rename the Hoshangabad city of MP as Narmadapuram.
- This announcement was made by him while he was addressing the Narmada Jayanti programme that was held in Hoshangabad.
- He stated that, the proposal to change the name will be sent to the centre.
- The decision was taken after asking the gathering on the banks of Narmada.
- Hoshangabad city was named after an attacker Hoshang Shah who was the first ruler of Malwa.
- This district was the part of Nerbudda (Narmada) Division and Berar.
- It became the state of Madhya Bharat and later the Madhya Pradesh after India attained its independence in the year 1947.
- Hoshangabad is famous for its beautiful ghats along the river Narmada river.
- The major attraction is the Sethani ghat.
New Name of the city
The Hoshangabad will now be named as Narmadapuram named after River Narmada. River Narmada is the lifeline of Madhya Pradesh. The river is the 5th largest river across India. It flows through the rift valley. It also forms an estuary at its mouth. Cities like Jabalpur, Hoshangabad, Mandla, Maheshwar, Omkareshwar Narsinghpur, Badwabuare and Jhabua, are situated on the bank of river Narmada.
The river is also known as Reva river. Earlier it was also known as Narbada (Nerbudda). It is located in states of Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat. He river is often called as the “Life Line of Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat”. T rises from the Amarkantak Plateau in the Anuppur district of Madhya Pradesh. It forms a boundary between North India and South India. It is a west flowing river. The total length of the river is 1,312 km. It drains into the Arabian Sea through the Gulf of Khambhat.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|