GoI conducts first ever National Agro Chemicals Congress in New Delhi
The National Agro Chemical Congress was conducted for four days in New Delhi. The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare hosted the event. It was the first of its kind. It is to be conducted once in three years. The Theme of the Congress was
Theme: Country’s Status on various fronts of Agro chemicals
Recommendations of the Congress
- It is necessary to label the pesticides indicating their mode of action
- The status of the country should be assessed in its preparedness in invasive exigencies
- To rethink on restrictive banning of pesticides
- Government has to bring in a policy regarding data protection of imported pesticides
- Empowerment of farmers through training.
- Policy to introduce safe nano-formulations
According to the Congress, the above factors are currently absent in the country. It believes that these recommendations are essential to improve efficient use of pesticides.
Highlights of the event
- The event outlined the importance of responsible use of agro Chemicals.
- It also highlighted the precision technologies used to reduce wastage of applied chemicals
- Various seminars and lectures were presented that focused on discouraging false claims about agro chemicals and tackling the spread of wrong perception among the citizens about agro chemicals.
- The aim of the congress is to highlight the role played by chemical pesticides in pest management. It emphasized on target specific and environment friendly products
- The Congress also focused on new concepts in human health, nanotechnology, crops, resource management, smart formulations related sciences to help to boost agricultural productivity.
Topics: Agriculture • Agriculture Ministry • agro chemicals • Climate Smart Agriculture • Indian Agriculture • Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer's Welfare • National Agriculture Congress • Pesticides