Gender Diversity Report 2019
The Gender Diversity Report 2019 was released as a part of the India Skills Report 2019.
What percentage of Women work globally?
- 79.9% of women in Nepal work, the highest percentage of women working in the world in a country, followed by 63.90% in China and 57.40% in Bangladesh.
- 56.30% of women work in the United States of America, while 27% of women work in India.
Participation of Women in India: In 2019: 75% men and 25% women as compared to 23% women and 77% men in 2018.
- In Rural India: 67% of women graduates do not work.
- In Urban India: 68.3% of women graduates do not have paid jobs.
- Overall Women’s employability in India is at 45.6%.
- Domains with most employable women in India: B.A 80%, B.Com 70.02%, B.Sc 69.47%, B.Pharma 65.05% , MBA 52.04%, B.Tech/B.E-44.4%.
Indian Economy can grow at the rate of 9% to 10% if there is gender parity in the country, and the share of women workforce is increased to 48% from the current 24%.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|