CSCs to be integrated with e-Daakhil Portal
The Ministry of consumer affairs had decided to integrate the Common Service Centres (CSCs) with the E-Daakhil portal to facilitate the consumers for e-filing.
- The e-Daakhil Consumer grievance redressal portal was launched on September 7, 2020 by the National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission.
- This online grievance redressal portal is now operational in 15 States and Union Territories.
- The e-daakhil portal empowers the consumer and their advocates to file consumer complaints online.
- It also facilitates to male payment of requisite fees online from anywhere in order to redress their complaints.
- The portal also facilitates the consumer commissions to scrutinize the complaints online to accept, reject or forward any complaint to the concerned commission in order to proceed further.
- The site of the e-Daakhil Portal was developed and is maintained by the National Information Centre (NIC) under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology.
- This portal has been developed under the Consumer Protection Act, 2019.
Consumer Protection Act, 2019
The bill was introduced in the Lok Sabha in July 2019 by the Minister of Consumer Affairs, food and Public Distribution, Ram Vilas Paswan and was passed by the Lok Sabha in July 2019. In the month of August 2019, it was passed by the Rajya Sabha as well. The act repealed and replaced the Consumer Protection Act, 1986. This act came into effect from July 2020. The act focuses on providing the customer more power bringing more transparency. Following this, the government also declared a new draft known as advertising code in September 2020. This code provides the customer protection against any false advertisements. It also protects them from the celebrities who fool the customers by doing paid reviews for any products or services. This advertising code is applicable throughout all the mediums of communication such as Social Media and Print Media.
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|